Small business owners and their employees will be taking some off this Memorial Day weekend. But early June holds some big activity on the events front.
In the first week of June, events in Minneapolis, New York and Chicago are on tap as well as some other events.
Summer vacation doesn’t mean the end of big events you may want to attend either.
For example, later in June, small businesses will be highlighted in the DREAM BIG Small Business of the Year Award event June 14, 2016 in Washington D.C. And on August 27, the Small Business Market Expo & Job Fair will be happening in Atlanta.
To see a full list or to submit your own event, contest or award listing, visit the Small Business Events Calendar.
Featured Events, Contests and Awards
DREAM BIG Small Business of the Year Award
June 14, 2016, Washington, D.C.
The DREAM BIG Small Business of the Year Award, sponsored by Sam’s Club®, celebrates the success of small business and honors its contributions to America’s economic growth. The Small Business of the Year, 7 regional finalists, and 100 Blue Ribbon winners will be honored on June 14 during America’s Small Business Summit in Washington, D.C. There are two ways to participate: 1. Nominate a local small business that’s making a big impact in its community. 2. Apply directly if you are a small business that’s committed to your community, employees, and customers.
Small Business Market Expo & Job Fair
August 27, 2016, Atlanta, Ga.
Don’t miss the opportunity to connect with small businesses, market your organization and tap into a network of entrepreneurs, service providers, financial organizations, business coaches, and franchises.
VIP (25% off)
- HOW TO START YOUR ONLINE MARKETING BUSINESS IN 2016 – ORLANDO, FL
May 31, 2016, Orlando, Fla.
- Medtech Conference
June 1, 2016, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Winning the Game of Business-Entrepreneur Night
June 1, 2016, Chicago, Ill.
- Imagine Your Workplace Conference
June 2, 2016, Toronto, Ontario
- OFFLINE Summit 2016
June 2, 2016, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Finding the Right Franchise Business
June 2, 2016, Pleasant Hill, Calif.
- HackerX – Boston (Back-End) Employer Ticket 6/2
June 2, 2016, Boston, Mass.
- HackerX – Philadelphia (Full Stack) Employer Ticket – 6/2
June 2, 2016, Philadelphia, Pa.
- 3 Day Women in Technology Summit – San Jose, CA June 5-7, 2016
June 5, 2016, Online
- Sustainable Brands ’16 San Diego
June 6, 2016, San Diego, Calif.
- 6th Annual Corporate Universities & Corporate Learning Summit
June 7, 2016, Online
- Get Motivated! Columbus
June 7, 2016, Columbus, Ohio
- WordPress Training Evening Course Live in Miami – Classes Start June 7th
June 7, 2016, Doral, Fla.
- Funds Transfer Pricing – New York
June 8, 2016, New York, N.Y.
- Your Key to Entrepreneurship: Buying a Franchise
June 8, 2016, San Jose, Calif.
- ZipRecruiter Small Business Awards
June 11, 2016, Online
- Chicago Innovation Awards UN-GALA 2016
June 23, 2016, Chicago, Ill.
- The Ultimate Small Business Leadership Conference
September 22, 2016, San Diego, Calif.
- 15th Annual Chicago Innovation Awards
October 25, 2016, Chicago, Ill.
Travel Photo via Shutterstock
This article, “As Summer Begins, Be Sure to Make Time for Small Business Events” was first published on Small Business Trends